Over the holiday season I was given the opportunity to try out a few of InstaNatural products such as the Vitamin C Serum, Argan Oil and Argan Oil Hair Mask.
VITAMIN C SERUM
I've never been one for serums, but I knew I had to try it when given the opportunity. InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum improves moisture in the skin, diminishes marks such as dark spots, dryness, patches and roughness. It also firms and plumps the skin.
The Vitamin C Serum has a citrus scent due to the natural pink grapefruit essential oil. I'm normally iffy when it comes to scented products but it wasn't unpleasant and faded away after a while. I also found when I first applied the serum, it left a sticky feeling on my skin. However after it soaked into my skin completely, the feeling went away.
Overall, I enjoyed using the serum. I have a lot of dark spots and in the winter time patches of dryness, so I'm excited to see how my skin looks after continued use.
- Apply the serum after cleansing your face.
- Put a few drops of the serum on your fingertips, rub them together and then gently massage it into the skin.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the serum soak into the skin completely.
- Apply your regular moisturizer on top of it.
- Once you open the serum, be sure to close it properly, the serum is highly stable and should not oxidize.
I've heard so much about Argan Oil lately, so I was excited to test it out. Who doesn't love a multipurpose moisturizer? It is perfect to use to soothe dry skin, hair, body and strengthen brittle nails.
InstaNatural Argan Oil has a green, nutty aroma that most pure argan oils have. The scent disappears after a few minutes. In the couple times I used it, my skin felt soft and I found it to be a good daily moisturizer. I also dapped a little on a few pimples and found it actually helped. I wouldn't use it as an acme treatment but it does a good job helping. Having sensitive skin, I was a little nervous about putting it on my face. However it didn't break me out or make my skin ichy (which some products tend to do). I also put some of the Argan oil on the ends of my hair. When I first tried, I ended up putting more than a couple of drops, which made my hair look greasy. So make sure you only put 1-3 drops at most.
Overall, I will continue to use this daily as a moisturizer. I'm also excited to try the other uses for this product, like making a face mask and using it on my nails before a home manicure.
- Moisturizer - Cleanse your face and massage a few drops of Argan oil on your face and neck.
- Nail care - Regularly massage a few drops of Argan oil on your nails. You can also massage the cuticle along with nails to make them soft. Few drops of Argan oil can be mixed with the water during the manicure and pedicure process to experience better results.
- Leave-in conditioner - Massage a few drops of Argan oil in your wet hair and scalp after shower to hydrate your hair. Argan oil can also be applied to hair before hair styling to reduce the damage caused to hair, especially if you’re using a hair dryer.
ARGAN OIL HAIR MASK
I'm a no fuss girl when it comes to my hair. I shampoo, condition and towel dry 90% of the time. Every now and then my hair does experience some dryness. I have always thought of doing a good deep conditioning treatment to help those dry strands. This product can also be used as a daily standard conditioner, which I haven't tried yet but will soon.
The Argan oil hair mask has a slight scent which is pleasant and not very noticeable. After using it, my hair was softer and had a little bit more shine. I have had issues with shampoos and conditioners in the past, that tend to leave my skin itchy. This product didn't, which is a huge plus and definitely makes me look forward to trying it as a standard conditioner.
- Hair should be clean prior to applying the hair mask. It should be towel-dried yet still slightly damp.
- Apply a tablespoon of the hair mask onto your hands and run your fingers through your hair evenly in order to distribute the product. Work from massaging your scalp down to your ends. Let the hair mask absorb for 5-15 minutes and then rinse off.
- You can apply more or less depending on your hair length and volume. You can also use a comb to help distribute the hair mask thoroughly if needed.
I have very sensitive skin so I'm always a bit nervous when it comes to certain products on my skin. However, I didn't have any issues with either of these products.